Hawaii’s biggest, most complex challenges cannot be solved by individual agencies working alone.
We work with public sector leaders, impact investors, social entrepreneurs, and nonprofits to create effective alliances and drive transformative change.
ADVISE AND SUPPORT SYSTEMS CHANGE INITIATIVES
- Educate boards, teams and funders on systems change
- Conduct needs assessments
- Develop a strategic plan, or facilitate strategy sessions, or map an implementation plan
- Conduct situational analyses and baseline studies
- Design workshops with various stakeholders
- Map the ecosystem and relevant actors (we use kumu.io)
- Structure effective coalitions
- Develop the right metrics and measurement strategies
- Develop advocacy strategies and talking points
MANAGE LONG-TERM CHANGE PROGRAMS
- Design and implement change strategy
- Manage alliances of key ecosystem actors – funders, service providers and key stakeholders
- Track and report results
- Perform programmatic changes based on success
- Several well-respected Hawaii state and national private foundations have pooled their resources to reinvent their approach to funding workforce development. They plan to build a broad alliance, support evidence-based initiatives, focus advocacy efforts, and tackle big opportunities in building pathways to high-quality local jobs. Our year-long engagement led to the creation of hawaiiwork.org.
- Hawaii State Department of Health is re-examining its mission, organization and operations. Now, it wants to serve a new world of challenges ranging from fresh pandemics to catastrophic hurricanes. The department hopes to develop a new model – “Public Health 3.0.”