Are you satisfied with your planning process, but not with the strategy it produces?
We have re-imagined the “planning offsite” to weave your ambitions, the market opportunities and the future uncertainties.
Here is how we approach things to unleash the full potential of your organization:
- First, we meet with you 1-on-1 to better understand your organization – the way it works and its bottlenecks.
- Then, we research your industry, local market dynamics and technology changes to understand the key opportunities and threats.
- We survey key stakeholders to get the pulse of your organization. The findings of this survey(s) are incorporated in the planning session.
- Two of our partners (with relevant expertise) “tag team” to simultaneously facilitate and participate in your planning sessions. By doing so, we bring you not only the objectivity needed for an efficient offsite, we also bring new insights for your team to consider.
- Last, and most important, our sessions discuss specific customers, products, issues and people…not generalities, so that we can help you arrive at clear, actionable priorities. We prefer to use OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) to distill the goals and enable you to track progress on a weekly basis. You can read more about OKRs here.
Our aim is to get every participant energized to make a real difference, and to know exactly where to start.
Suggested frequency: Quarterly (we believe annual cycles slow your response to changing conditions on the ground).
Participants: Senior management team (sometimes other employees, board members or certain consultants are brought in for special sessions)
Location: Our conference room at Manoa Innovation Center or an offsite conference room. We prefer it not be in your office to facilitate new thought patterns.
Rough outline: Every business situation is different, so this is not a template. The sessions last one or two days. Annual sessions may add items like the review of mission, long term goals, core values, inputs to budgeting process, etc.
Preparation: 1-2 weeks in advance,
- Discovery meeting with CEO
- Staff and/or participant survey
- Market research
- Voice of the Customer (via customer survey or sales team survey)
- Agenda review with CEO
Agenda: See infographic.